Getting to Maison Caramany
I suggest using Skyscanner to find your perfect flight
Perpignan airport is the most convenient airport. Transfer time to Maison Caramany is 30-40mins.
- Ryanair: seasonal flights from London Stansted, Birmingham, Southampton, Dublin, Paris, Brussels and Marrakesh
- Volotea: seasonal flights from Nantes
- Air France: daily flights from Paris Orly
If you are unable to find a flight to Perpignan, below are other nearby airports that you can use. Roads are well signed in France so you should not be put off by the longer transfer times. The airports below are listed in order of personal preference with their approximate transfer times:
- Girona (Spain): 90mins. Excellent access by motorway. Flights available from all over Europe. My personal favourite after Perpignan as car hire is much cheaper in Spain. TIP: at time of writing AVIS does not charge extra to drive into France but please double-check before booking
- Beziers: 90mins
- Carcassonne: 90mins
- Montpellier: 120mins
- Toulouse: 180mins. Good for winter flights
By Air from North America
Easy access by flying into Barcelona (Spain) airport. From Barcelona you can either drive to Caramany (2.5hrs) or there are regular, direct train services (2hrs) to Perpignan. At Perpignan train station you can rent a car using the suggested website below.
By Train from the UK
If you're looking to lighten your carbon footprint or just simply enjoy travelling by train, then you can take the Eurostar+TGV train from London St Pancras to Perpignan with 1 stop in Paris. Purchased in advance, a ticket can cost as little as £100. London to Paris takes approximately 2h40mins and Paris to Perpignan 5hrs. There are car rental agencies at Perpignan train station.
Motorways take you into Perpignan from the North, West and South. From Perpignan, it is a 30/40min drive to Caramany. Google maps will get you there, yet I feel I should share that coming off at the little town of Millas on the N116 and climbing on the D612+D38 to Belesta has always been my most pleasurable and quickest route to Caramany.
A car is needed for your stay at Maison Caramany. The major car rental companies have offices both in Perpignan airport and directly outside its train station. I use Auto Europe car hire which have always provided me with good deals and service.
Read more comments →